About the OK DRS Vocational Rehabilitation:
The purpose of Vocational Rehabilitation is to help eligible individuals with disabilities prepare for work and become gainfully employed.
The primary vocational rehabilitation services are counseling and guidance with job placement. However, other services may also be provided as needed for an individual to compensate for, correct, or prevent disability-based barriers to employment. These services can include, but are not limited to:
- Physical or mental restoration;
- Vocational, college, or other training;
- Assistive technology evaluations, equipment, and training;
- Information on disability resources;
- Personal assistance services while receiving VR services;
- Transportation in connection with VR services being provided;
- Supported employment;
- Self-employment assistance;
- Transition school-to-work services for youth with disabilities; and
- Other services are based on individual needs.
The services a person receives are determined by the person's Individualized Plan for Employment. This plan outlines a person's employment goal and the services that are needed to enable the person to achieve that goal. The IPE can be written by a VR client and counselor working together, or it can be written by the client according to guidelines the counselor will explain.
Eligibility: A person may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services if he or she has a physical or mental disability that is a barrier to employment and requires VR services to prepare for, obtain, keep, or return to work. There must be a chance the person can benefit by going to work.
Are you ready to apply for services? Download the PDF application.
Some services, such as medical examinations to determine if a person is eligible for vocational rehabilitation, counseling, and job placement, are provided at no charge to the client. For some other services, a client may have to share in the cost, depending on his or her income and resources.
5005 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 205B
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Partners with ABLE Tech:
- Device Demonstration Program
- Daily Living
- Learning, Cognition and Development
- Recreation, Sports, and Leisure
- Seating, Positioning, and Mobility
- Speech Communication
- Vehicle Modification
- Computer Access
- Environmental Adaptations
Download the OK DRS Vocational Rehabilitation Policies & Procedures.