The United Way Hearing Aid Bank (UWHAB) Clinic assists individuals with limited income in purchasing new, high end, digital hearing aids at the reduced price of $350 per hearing aid. The program is a collaborative effort among the United Way of Central Oklahoma, Starkey Hearing Instruments and the Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders in the College of Allied Health.
Carole Johnson, AuD., PhD
Professor & Chair
825 NE 14th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
- Must meet low income guidelines of total monthly income and number of members in the household.
- Meet the salary qualifications as outlined in the application;
- reside in one of the counties served by the Central Oklahoma United Way (Canadian, Cleveland, Kingfisher, Lincoln, Logan, Oklahoma or Pottawatomie); and
- be at least 18 years of age or older.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Information & Referral
- Maintenance & Repair
- Auditory Rehabilitation
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Aids for Hearing Impaired
- To apply for the UWHAB clinic, please call (405) 271-2866 or click the application link here.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- Qualified individuals will receive a free diagnostic hearing test. The diagnostic hearing test is used to quantify the extent of the hearing impairment. Qualified individuals will be counseled regarding the use of amplification and recommendations are made. Once an individual has selected to purchase hearing aid(s), the patient is set up with a hearing aid fitting appointment. The hearing aid fitting appointment time is used to customize the hearing aid(s) for the patient. Follow up appointments are also available to the patient at no charge. Cerumen (ear wax) management is not provided.