Twilight Wish celebrates seniors and makes dreams come true by granting wishes to recipients who do not have the ability to fulfill their own wishes for themselves. Twilight Wish Granting provides a meaningful “thank you” for a senior’s life of service to others, and is an experience that brings a smile, through comfort and joy.
There are five programs:
A Simple Needs Twilight Wish can be for food, clothing, stoves, refrigerators, air conditioners, heaters, and mattresses; accessibility items including walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, and ramps; visual aids such as glasses and reading equipment; hearing aids so they can participate in activities and reduce isolation and despair; dentures to smile again and eat healthy fresh fruit and vegetables, etc.
Celebrating a Life
A Celebrating a Life Twilight Wish includes meaningful and nostalgic wishes granted for hospice patients, persons 90 years of age and older, or recipients with limited life expectancies. These wishes can be for family reunions, visits to hometowns, visits to places of comfort and joy, chances to return to their jobs or careers one more time, and any similar wish that validates and brings joy to the recipient.
Living Life to the Fullest
A Living Life to the Fullest Twilight Wish can include riding on a motorcycle, having a book published, taking a ride on a hot air balloon ride, having songs listened to by executives/producers in the music industry, riding in a fighter jet, taking a special fishing trip, meeting a famous person, going to a ballgame and being greeted by favorite players and other similar wishes.
One-third of the Twilight Wishes granted are granted to veterans. Veterans’ wishes can fall into any of the other three programs but we differentiate this program as it gives us an opportunity to thank veterans, many in nursing facilities, for all they have done for others over the years.
Tuesdays with Lori
Tuesdays with Lori is a new wish-granting legacy program that honors the memory of Lori Radel and her love of Twilight Wish Foundation’s mission. Lori loved granting wishes. She felt that seniors were a treasure and she wanted to give back to them after they had given of themselves throughout their lives.
Lori was heartbroken at the idea of seniors being alone without resources and knew that these simple wishes really changed their lives in tangible ways. The simple act of lunch out or cards sent brought so much joy to people who are often forgotten and ignored. Lori’s mission was to bring value and care to our seniors.
online contact form: https://twilightwish.org/contact-us/
The recipient must report an annual income of less than 200% of the current federal government published poverty level income (2022- $27,180 or less annual income for a household of one) or be unable to grant their own wish (not including financial reasons).
- Must be 65 years of age or a permanent resident of an eldercare facility
- Legal United States citizenship
- History of giving back to others (through service to our nation, community, or family)
- Must be cognitively and physically capable of communicating and experiencing the wish
- Physician documentation (when requested)
AT Services Provided/Covered
AT Devices Provided/Covered
See each of the five programs.
The application can be found on the Twilight Wish website.
All applicants must send proof of the following in order for the application to be considered. You can scan and send it to Cheryl@twilightwish.org; fax it to 215-230-8770; or mail it to PO Box 1042 Doylestown, PA 18901.
- Physician Approval (when requested)
- Military Service (DD214 Form or Discharge Form), if applicable
Pieces of the Puzzle
- The Twilight Wish Committee meets on a monthly basis to review new applications and determine the eligibility of the Twilight Wish Applicants and the Twilight Wish Requests.
- The Nominee must meet all the Twilight Wish Requirements, understand the Twilight Wish Restrictions, and include complete documentation with their application.
- Some wishes are restricted and cannot be granted as they are not in alignment with the Twilight Wish core values.
- Twilight Wish Foundation (TWF) grants qualifying wishes as funding and resources become available.
- TWF may contact sponsors and volunteers to help grant wishes.
- TWF typically places wishes on the website and grants them when funding becomes available.
- TWF reserves the right to deny requests for any purpose in conflict with the mission of TWF.
- TWF tries to respond within 60 days of receipt of an application.