Sertoma Hearing Aid Recycling Program (SHARP) is a non-profit program funded by the Sertoma civic clubs. They accept donations of used hearing aids. These hearing aids are then recycled to provide hearing aids to qualified low-income people living in Oklahoma for a one-time fee.
8740 E 11th St., Ste. A
Tulsa, OK 74142
(918) 832-8742 (V/TTY)
(888) 311-3523 (V/TTY)
FAX: (918) 834-4329
- Live in Oklahoma or reside in the four specific counties in Kansas, Montgomery, Labette, Wilson or Chautauqua;
- Have a hearing loss of at least 30 db in the better ear; and
- Low income
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Information & Referral
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Aids for Hearing Impaired
- Complete the application form available on the website, or contact TSHA. Application process is also available on the website.
- Must be willing to document financial need with tax returns, check stubs, etc.
- If currently residing in a nursing home, complete and return the Nursing Home Questionnaire.
- Attach your $50 processing fee with your application or request a fee waiver in writing, on application. (Fee will be returned in the event you are determined ineligible).
- Attach a copy of a recent (within 6 months) hearing evaluation by an audiologist.
- Take care of any medical problems indicated by the hearing evaluation.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- Make an appointment with an audiologist to receive a thorough hearing evaluation. A list of participating SHARP audiologists is available by contacting SHARP.
- Many audiologists can file with Medicare to cover a portion of the testing cost.
- The one-time $50 processing fee helps stretch the civic club funds as far as possible. However, Sertoma does not want the fee to prevent anyone who needs a hearing aid from applying. If the applicant cannot afford the fee, please note on the application: “Please consider me for a fee waiver.” The Board will consider this request.
- Wait for notice of approval by the SHARP Board. Since this is an all-volunteer board, they meet once a month. All applications received during the previous month will be considered at that time.
- If an applicant is denied for any reason the $50 fee will be refunded.
- Return the aid to SHARP if it is no longer being used, so someone else can benefit from the aid.