If speech problems make it difficult for you to access the telephone, the Oklahoma Telecommunication Equipment Distribution Program may be able to assist you. The Oklahoma Telecommunication Equipment Distribution Program strives to make communication accessible to Oklahomans of all ages through various programs. Qualifying individuals may receive services and equipment at little or no cost.
Equipment Distribution Program Coordinator
- Individuals/Adults who are not enrolled in public schools
AT Services Provided/Covered
None. A state-assigned SLP must complete the assessment prior to applying for this program.
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Speech Communication
How to Get the AT
- A state-assigned Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP) must assess the individual’s needs and make a recommendation.
- The individual must show proof of a communication disorder.
- The individual must show proof of household income.
- Go to the following website to complete the application: https://www.osd.k12.ok.us/487718_3
- Check the following box on page 4 - □ I am applying for special assistance with Communication Equipment.
Pieces to the Puzzle
- The fiscal year for funding begins each year in July.
- The application has three parts- One for individuals who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing, one for individuals who are Deaf/Blind, and one for individuals with Communicative Disorders. The information above is solely for individuals with Communicative Disorders.