MDA combats neuromuscular diseases through programs of worldwide research, comprehensive medical and support services, and far- reaching professional and public health education. MDA’s comprehensive services program includes diagnostic and follow-up medical consultations, flu shots, support groups, MDA summer camps for youngsters, a national medical equipment program, assistance with equipment repairs and modifications, and resource referrals.
Oklahoma City Office
Dawn Legg-Stephens, Family Care Specialist
5601 NW 72nd, Ste 124
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
FAX: (405) 722-1602
- Client must be diagnosed with one of the 43 neuromuscular diseases covered by the association and be a permanent resident of the United States.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Information & Referral
- Loan Closet
- Neuromuscular center, which offers assessments, evaluations, and medical care
- Locating Alternate Funding
- Financial assistance with the maintenance and repair of wheelchairs; scooters; leg braces; and communication devices.
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Aids for Daily Living
- Speech Communication
- Mobility Seating/Positioning
- Once a firm diagnosis is established, the individual can contact the local office to determine eligibility for services.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- MDA’s national equipment program is open to anyone, regardless of age, employment or insurance coverage, for whom medical equipment has been recommended and prescribed by an MDA clinic doctor in relation to a neuromuscular disease diagnosis. To the extent feasible and when available, the program provides gently used wheelchairs and other medical equipment, such as shower chairs, hospital beds, walkers and canes, communication devices and similar items.
- MDA is able to make minor repairs to gently used items. Contact the local MDA office.