The mission of the J.D. McCarty Center is to provide a comprehensive program of rehabilitative care to Oklahoma’s children (ages 0-21) with developmental disabilities. The Center provides a multi-disciplinary approach to service delivery, which will enable children with developmental disabilities to maximize their potential and enhance their quality of life. The J.D. McCarty Center offers a large variety of services some of which include: physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, psychological services, nutritional counseling, aquatic therapy, sensory integration, feeding and swallowing disorders, equipment evaluations, and social work services.
Vicki Kuestersteffen, Director
2002 E Robinson St.
Norman, OK 73070
FAX: (405) 307-2801
- Children with a developmental disability ages birth to 21;
- D. McCarty staff determine appropriate services to be delivered based on screening of children; and
- Medicaid and private insurance are acceptable methods of payment.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Assessments & Evaluations
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Case Management
- Training for Consumer & Family
- Information & Referral
- Fabrication of Devices
- Inpatient, Outpatient, School Contracts, Summer Camps
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- No AT devices are provided or covered.
- Complete required health forms at the time of initial screening
- When a child or family member has a conflict they are encouraged to discuss their concerns with the charge nurse, therapist or case manager to resolve the issue informally.
- The conflict will then be referred to the patient advocate, who will attempt to resolve the matter by assisting the child or family member in filing a formal grievance.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- The center is licensed as a specialized pediatric rehabilitative hospital and has 36 inpatient beds.
- The average length of stay is approximately one month.