The Donna Nigh Foundation, administered through the Oklahoma City Community Foundation, was established as a bridge between the public and private sector to help with programs that government agencies are unable to provide. The Foundation works closely with state agencies to provide a network of supports. The Foundation provides adaptive equipment, which allows Oklahomans with developmental disabilities to push their boundaries and gain independence.
Jennifer Stewart - Organization Grants contact
Oklahoma City Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1146
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
Rosena Rucker, Individual Grants contact, Case Worker
Donna Nigh Foundation
OU Child Study Center
1100 NE 13th
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
(405) 271-5700 ext. 45165
FAX: (405) 271-8835
Grants for organizations:
- Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, an accredited public or private school or other publicly-supported agency.
- Applicants must provide direct services to individuals with severe to profound Intellectual and/or Developmental Disorders (IDD).
- Organization must be located in the state of Oklahoma.
Grants for individuals:
- Applicants must have a diagnosis of a profound intellectual and/or developmental disability and a need that is unmet by government or private sources.
- Applicants can be of any age and must reside in the state of Oklahoma.
- Priority will be given to applicants with financial need.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- No AT services are provided or covered.
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Aids for Daily Living
- Computers and Related
- Environmental Adaptations
- Learning Cognition & Developmental
- Mobility/Seating & Positioning
- Speech Communication
- Contact the Oklahoma City Community Foundation to obtain an organizational grant application form.
- Contact Rosena Rucker to obtain an individual grant application form.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- The Donna Nigh Foundation offers one-time grants up to $2,500 to individuals with needs that are unmet by government and private sources.
- Organizational grants are up to $8,000.
- Resources of the Donna Nigh Foundation are limited and not all requests can be met.
- Annual deadline for applications is July 10th.
- Grants to individuals are reviewed on a quarterly basis and recipients will be notified once a decision is made.
- The Donna Nigh Foundation makes payments to vendors only.
- The Donna Nigh Foundation does not approve requests for autism related services.