The Oklahoma School for the Deaf is currently administering a children’s hearing aid program for school age children in Oklahoma. This program is specifically for children who have no other means to obtain a hearing aid. The program will provide two hearing aids per qualifying child. Application should be made through the Oklahoma School for the Deaf Telecommunication Program.
Starla Allen, Administrative Assistant
1100 E Oklahoma Ave.
Sulphur, OK 73086-3108
(580) 622-4913 (V/TDD)
(866) 309-1717 (V/TDD)
- See “Eligibility”
- The student must be: a resident of the state of Oklahoma, family income must meet program guidelines; and the family and/or student does not qualify to receive hearing aids from any other program such as Medicaid or private health insurance.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Assessments and Evaluations
- Information and Referral
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Aids for Hearing Impaired
- Complete an application from the Oklahoma Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program and return to the Oklahoma School for the Deaf. For an application, call the Student Assessment Center at the Oklahoma School for the Deaf at (580) 622-4913 office.
- Parents will be required to provide proof of family income and a signed statement that their child is unable to obtain hearing aids through Medicaid or private insurance.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- After approval, children will be evaluated by the audiologist from the Oklahoma School for the Deaf. Evaluations will be done either at the school campus in Sulphur, or in Tulsa at Total Source for Hearing-loss and Access (TSHA). Based on the audiologist’s evaluation and recommendation, the child’s hearing aids will be ordered through the Oklahoma School for the Deaf.