Children’s Hemiplegia and Stroke Association Orthotic Grant Program


The Children's Hemiplegia and Stroke Association (CHASA) Orthotic Grant Program provides financial assistance to families who have a child with a medical need for a foot or hand brace that is not covered or not fully covered by their health benefit plans. CHASA aims to fill the gap between the cost of the brace and what your health plan will pay.


4101 W. Green Oaks
Suite 305, #149
Arlington, TX 76016
Fill out a form at

Financial Criteria

 Income limit applies. Compare your family size and average gross income (AGI)to the table on the screening application. Example: A family with 2 members must have an average AGI of  $75,000 or less. You will be asked to provide detailed financial information if you are chosen to continue with the application process.


To be eligible for this grant, your child must be a U.S. citizen, have a diagnosis of hemiplegia or hemiparesis, be 17 years old or younger, with initial onset of hemiplegia or hemiparesis before 3 years of age. More details can be found on the screening application. 

AT Services Provided/Covered


AT Devices Provided/Covered


Application Process

To be eligible for this grant, please fill out the screening application. This form is set up to screen applicants, so depending on your answers, you may or may not be contacted to continue with the program. Submission of the initial screening application does not guarantee eligibility for a grant or the availability of funding for the grant program. If your family is chosen to continue past the initial screening application, CHASA will ask you to submit financial and medical information. An email reply from CHASA will be sent to each applicant.  

Pieces of the Puzzle

  • CHASA also has other programs, including educational, athletic, and recreational scholarships.  
  • Please make sure you can receive email from CHASA will send an email reply to each applicant.
  • The grant payment, if awarded, will be paid directly to the health care provider who provided the orthotic to your child. It will not be paid directly to you.