The Cerner Charitable Foundation (CCF) helps strengthen communities around the world through individual medical grants and wellness programs, engaging volunteerism, community initiatives, and strategic partnerships. CCF provides funding for children whose families cannot afford medical care, equipment, vehicle modifications, or travel related to care.
Phone: (816) 201-1569
Income limits apply and there must be no existing insurance coverage for the requested expenses. Families with 2 dependent children cannot have an income that exceeds $55,000. Find the guidelines on the website at www.cernercharitablefoundation.org/request-funding
Children must be age 18 or younger (a person 19–21 may be considered if they are in a child-like mental state) and under the care of a pediatrician. The case must involve a child with a specific health care need, and the request must be clinically relevant to the health of the child.
AT Services Provided/Covered
AT Devices Provided/Covered
If the child is receiving care in the United States, download the application for assistance. If the child is receiving care outside the United States, contact CCF case managers at email@example.com. Complete the application and gather supporting documents.
Supporting documents include:
- A letter from a doctor on letterhead that includes the child’s diagnosis, history of illness, a specific request for funding, and other relevant information
- First page of your most recent federal income tax return or W-2
- Child’s photograph (this is not a requirement)
- Letter from a parent detailing any other awards granted/fundraising completed
- Upload the completed application and supporting documents. You can also mail or fax the application and supporting documents.
Cerner Charitable Foundation Case Managers
2800 Rock Creek Parkway
North Kansas City, MO 64117
Fax: (816) 571-1569
A case manager will review the submitted application and supporting documents. Cerner Charitable Foundation's Clinical Decision Committee meets on the first Wednesday of every month to review submitted applications. A case manager will follow up with the applicant within two weeks of the Clinical Decision Committee meeting. If approved, Cerner Charitable Foundation will send funding to the provider (not the family) within three weeks of approval. Funds must be used within 12 months of the date granted.
Pieces of the Puzzle
Formerly known as “First Hand”. One request per year, per child for a maximum of three times in a child’s lifetime.
The Foundation does NOT cover expenses such as:
- Home modification projects
- Alternative or experimental drugs, treatment or therapy where there is controversy in the medical community
- Wheelchair-accessible van purchases
- Requests for research funding, mass population grants or other not-for-profit organizational grants
- Requests for debt reduction/past medical bills
- Copays or deductibles
- Therapy dogs