The Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation provides support to people with cerebral palsy so they can receive ongoing and necessary therapy treatments or medical equipment to increase independence where such benefits are not covered by medical insurance. For vehicle modifications, vehicles must have less than 100,000 miles and be less than 7 years old.
Financial support is limited to $5,000 per person per year and $10,000 in a lifetime. Every case is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and the Board has the discretion to approve a hardship case. Applicants must provide documentation of insurance denial. For requests over $1,000, a portion of the cost must be self-funded. For requests over $3,000, a portion of the cost must be funded by another source.
- Have a diagnosed disability of cerebral palsy
- Must be a US citizen
- Have a letter of recommendation from a healthcare professional (therapist, doctor, case manager, etc.)
- Have pursued other funding options before applying with the Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation (i.e. insurance)
- Be able to provide a denial letter or explanation of non-coverage if an applicant has medical insurance or government funding (DARS/Texas Workforce solutions, MDCO, CLASS, etc)
- For any request involving vehicles modifications, the vehicle must not be greater than 7 years old and must have fewer than 100,000 miles
- It is expected that for any item that cost over $1,000.00 a portion of the total cost would be self-funded by the applicant (or another resource). Applicants are required to detail such matters for request greater than $1,000.00
- For request in excess of $3,000.00, a portion of the cost must be funded through sources other than the Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation. Applicants should apply to at least one other charity to enable the Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation to partner funds to help meet applicant's need. Applicants are required to detail such matters for request greater than $3,000.00
- Currently, the Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation is limiting direct and indirect financial assistance to any one beneficiary (or the family of a beneficiary) to $5,000.00 per year, with a lifetime maximum of $10,000.00
AT Services Provided/Covered
No specific AT services provided.
AT Devices Provided/Covered
No specific AT devices listed.
Find the application on the webpage, Application for Grant. All supporting documents (denial letter, recommendation letter, invoice, etc.) must be uploaded with the application to be considered.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- The Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation accepts applications year-round
- If an application is denied due to limited funding, applicants can re-apply 150 days after the original application
- For applications under $500: Applications are reviewed once all requested materials are submitted
- For applications over $500: Applications are reviewed in the order they are received after all materials are submitted. The Foundation will do their best to respond within 60 days. During heavy application requests, response time may take up to 90 days
- The Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation reserves the right to refuse and/or limit any request for funding
- Applications that remain incomplete after 60 days will be closed
- If a request is approved, the Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation will purchase the requested item directly from the vendor or fund the requested service directly from the provider on behalf of the beneficiary. If applicable, such funding will only be provided after the applicant's self-funded portion is received by the vendor/provider and only after the Alyssa V. Phillips Foundation approval paperwork is signed and submitted