Ability Connection Oklahoma, formerly United Cerebral Palsy of Oklahoma, has been serving people with disabilities for more than 50 years. Ability Connection Oklahoma provides programs and services for individuals with cerebral palsy and other physical disabilities and their families. The mission is to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with cerebral palsy and other physical disabilities.
Linda Burns, Tulsa Area
6465 S Yale, Ste 423
Tulsa, OK 74136
- Any Oklahoman with Cerebral Palsy or other physical disabilities and their family members.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Locating Alternate Funding
- Supporting Software
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Durable Medical Equipment Loans and Grants
- Information & Referral
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Speech Communication
- Computers & Related
- Aids for Daily Living
- Wheelchair & Mobility Aid
- Environmental Adaptations
- Learning Cognition & Development
- Contact the Ability Connection Oklahoma office by phone or e-mail for information regarding application process and financial eligibility criteria.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- As a result of a generous donations from The Kirkpatrick Family Fund and anonymous donors, we are inviting applications for the New Voices program through 9/14/18. This program provides speech generating devices to eligible children. Request an application from Ability Connection by calling their office at (800) 827-2289 or (405) 759-3562. Completed applications will be accepted until 10/30/18. Of those received, 20 New Voices grants will be awarded in a competitive application process. Remaining applications will be considered as funding is available. Complete guidelines will be sent with the application. Applicants must:
- Have a documented physical disability and a communication disorder that prevents functional verbal communication. A report from a PT or OT may be requested,
- Provide documentation from a certified Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) that states the equipment and communication app or software will be utilized by the individual to communicate at school, in the community and at home. A video of the applicant using an iPad and speech app may be requested,
- Be income eligible,
- Be at least 4 years old,
- Be an Oklahoma resident,
- If selected, individual (and parent or guardian, as applicable) must be present at the presentation, and
- If selected, individuals/families must participate in follow-up questionnaire and/or surveys.
- Ability Connection Oklahoma provides temporary and/or permanent loans of durable medical equipment, such as wheelchairs, feeding seats, prone standers, strollers, adapted toys, bath seats, etc. Loans are provided without charge regardless of disability.
- The Tulsa location offers a computer tech lab which features computers with adaptive input devices for assessment, training and/or personal computer time, enabling individuals with disabilities to improve skills, cognizance and confidence through technology.