[Part 1 of 3]
Jan. 13, 2022, 8:00 am – 10:30 am
Participants will learn the process for Consideration of Assistive Technology (AT) for all students with disabilities, including legal requirements related to AT Consideration, and hands-on learning to help educators discover potential solutions available to help meet students’ IEP goals.
- Describe the consideration process for AT/AEM for all students with disabilities.
- Summarize what the law states about AT/AEM Consideration.
- List potential AT/AEM solutions available to help meet students’ IEP goals.
- 8:00 a.m. Intro/Law of AT Consideration
- 8:30 a.m. What is AT? What is QIAT?
- 9:00 a.m. AT Consideration
- 9:45 a.m. AT Category Review
- 10:15 a.m. Low-tech Activity/Make n Take/Q&A
- 10:30 a.m. Adjourn
Oklahoma ABLE Tech is approved by the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology and audiology. See course information for the number of ASHA CEUs, instructional level, and content area. ASHA CE Provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
Policies, including professional conduct, conflict of interest form, privacy and security, and complaint procedures can be found at https://www.okabletech.org/education-services/at-services-for-pk- 12/policies-for-providing-quality-training/
Speaker Disclosures: Gretchen Cole-Lade, Shelley Gladden, Linda Jaco, Allyson Robinson, Shelby Sanders, and Amy Woods
Financial Disclosure: For the speakers above, no relevant financial relationship exists. Oklahoma ABLE Tech receives a profit from vending iPads, apps, and cases as speech generating devices to SoonerCare Members on behalf of the Oklahoma Health Care Authority.
Please let us know if you have accommodation needs by calling (1-800-257-1705) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.