This two-hour workshop is designed for Oklahoma public school administrators, special educators, and related service providers who help students with disabilities. Participants will learn about resources and grant-writing tips for securing funding for needed assistive technology (AT) and Accessible Educational Materials (AEM) for students. Participants will practice matching students to funding options as well as practice grant writing in the workshop. Guidance for planning and budgeting for AT/AEM will be shared as well as sample AT plans so that schools can plan to support the provision of needed AT to students with disabilities.
- Develop an understanding of how to incorporate AT/AEM into grant applications
- Apply the information learned to select, plan, and write strong grant applications
- Develop a list of grantors and grant resources
- 8:00 am – Introductions and Housekeeping
- 8:15 am – Funding Options, Grant Writing, and Practice
- 9:45 am – Success Stories and Questions
- 10:00 am – Adjourn