Accessibility is Good for Business
Accessibility has many benefits, not just limited to people with disabilities. Accessible design improves the overall user experience and satisfaction, especially in various situations, across different devices, and for older users. Accessibility can enhance your brand, drive innovation, and extend your market reach.
What is the rationale for organizations to address accessibility? According to the Web Accessibility Initiative (W.A.I.) website, "When accessibility is part of strategic planning, businesses are better equipped for success in our connected world of commerce, academia, and civic engagement."
This article on the W.A.I. website also explores how accessibility can:
- Drive Innovation: Accessibility features in products and services often solve unanticipated problems.
- Enhance Your Brand: Diversity and inclusion efforts so important to business success are accelerated with a clear, well-integrated accessibility commitment.
- Extend Market Reach: The global market of people with disabilities is over 1 billion people with a spending power of more than $6 trillion. Accessibility often improves the online experience for all users.
- Minimize Legal Risk: Many countries have laws requiring digital accessibility, and the issue is of increased legal concern.
Read the W.A.I. business article here as it addresses tangible and intangible benefits and the risks of not addressing accessibility adequately.
Attend TechAccess Oklahoma Conference
Oklahoma ABLE Tech proudly presents this FREE technology accessibility conference April 20 - April 22, 2021.
We have gathered some of the best from the technology accessibility space as always! Join us to hear from Sarah Horton from The Paciello Group, Dennis Lembree from Diamond, Devon Persing from Shopify, Jen Smith from Microsoft, Colleen Gratzer, and Meryl Evans. We will finish adding speakers soon, so check back on the conference website for updates!
The event is virtual and spaced out over 3 half days. Find details and registration on the TechAccess Oklahoma website.
It’s impossible to know if your digital content is accessible when you are unaware of its potential access barriers.
Oklahoma ABLE Tech Resources:
- Information Technology Accessibility webpage
- Technology Accessibility Training, and Consulting Services webpage
ABLE Tech Device Exchange and Reuse Programs
Did you know that items can be borrowed, purchased, or given to others through the ABLE Tech Device Exchange or Reuse Programs? The items vary based on availability. Create an ABLE Tech FREE ACCOUNT.
Phone: 405.523.4810 or 833.431.9706