Upcoming Holiday Schedule
ABLE Tech offices will be closed from December 24, 2021, through January 2, 2022.
We wish you a happy and healthy holiday season!
National Special Education Day is December 2nd
This day commemorates the anniversary of our nation’s first federal special education law, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, signed by President Ford on December 2, 1975.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) made public education available to all eligible children with disabilities across the nation and ensured special education and related services were provided for those children. This law was a critical and necessary step on the path to making education and resources equitable for all children – a goal we are still working toward today. This day honors the milestones that have been achieved for special education so far and reminds us of the continued progress to come.
Learn more on the IDEA Public Schools website.
Join Us for ABLE Tech's AT Funding Workshop
Join educators and related service providers who support students with disabilities to learn the who, what, where, when, and how of writing successful grants to fund the AT needs in your educational settings in a virtual webinar on Thursday, December 9th, 2021 from 8am to 10am.
Free CEUs are offered for Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Physical Therapists!After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Spring 2022 AT Assessment Workshop Dates Announced
The 2022 virtual training dates are now set. Training materials will be mailed to participants prior to Session 1 and include low-tech AT Make ‘n Take activities.
- Session 1: Consideration of Assistive Technology (AT) - January 13, 2022
- Session 2: AT Assessment and AT in the IEP - February 10, 2022
- Session 3: AT Implementation - March 10, 2022
Free CEUs are offered for Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Physical Therapists!
Registration links are posted to the ABLE Tech AT Support Team Workshop webpage.
Accessible Educational Materials (AEM) means…
A person with a disability can...
- acquire the same information,
- engage in the same interactions,
- enjoy the same services,
- in an equally effective, equally integrated manner, with substantially equivalent ease of use
...as a person without a disability.
Oklahoma AT Center Locations and Partners
ABLE Tech and partners operate device demonstration & loan programs to increase access to AT.
- Alzheimer’s Association, Oklahoma Chapter
- The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital
- Handicapped Vehicle Services Unlimited Mobility
- Indian Nations Council of Governments,
Area Agency on Aging
- Kiamichi Economic Development District of Oklahoma
- Moore Autism Center
- Newby-Vance Mobility
- NewView Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, 405.521.4880
- OSU – Dept of Communication
Sciences & Disorders
Oklahoma City, 405.271.8333
- United Access Mobility
Oklahoma City, 888.939.1010